This section contains all information relating to consulting hours for our after-hours home doctor and FAQ's related to general, GP and Aged Care.
Check if we service your area
House Call Doctor provides home visits to patients in their home, aged care facilities, and hotels. Our consulting hours are between:
Monday to Friday: 6.00pm to 8.00am (due to new Government regulations calls for bookings can be taken from 6.00pm)
Saturday from 12.00pm to Monday 8.00am (due to new Government regulations calls for bookings can be taken from 12.00pm Saturday)
24 hours Sunday and Public Holidays
For any enquiries during standard business hours, please call 13 55 66.
Outside House Call Doctor operating hours, patients are encouraged to contact their regular GP for an appointment.
Will I be charged a fee for an after hours in home doctor service?
No, if you hold a Medicare or a Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) card you after hours home doctor visit is 100% bulk billed.
We also do not charge a fee for visiting overseas students if they are covered by health insurance from Allianz, Bupa or NIB.
Patients that do not hold a Medicare or DVA card and are not overseas students covered by health insurance may still make an appointment with our after-hours service and pay a fee for the appointment.
How long will it take for a doctor to arrive after booking?
In most cases, our after-hours doctors will arrive in your home within 3 hours of your call. This ensures that you’ll get the medical assistance you need, even if it’s in the middle of the night. If you have made a booking and would like to request an ETA please contact us on 13 55 66.
Should we contact house call doctor if the condition of the patient changes?
No, if it is an emergency you should dial 000 and request an ambulance.
Should we contact house call doctor if the condition of the patient changes?
Yes, please contact us on 13 55 66 if you need to update the condition of the patient or if the appointment is no longer needed.
How can I tell if house call doctor services my area?
The suburb locator tool can be found in the top right corner of our webpage, this allows you to check if your suburb and postcode is covered by the service.
House Call Doctor currently services:
- Gold Coast
- Hervey Bay
- Sunshine Coast
- Tweed Coast (Tweed Heads to Kingscliff)
When can I call house call doctor to make a booking?
Calls can be taken from 6.00pm on weekdays
Calls can be taken from 12.00pm Saturday
Calls are taken 24 hours each day on Sunday and Public holidays
House Call Doctor provides home visits to patients in their home, aged care facilities and hotels between:
Monday to Friday: 6.00pm – 8.00am
Saturday from 12.00pm to Monday 8.00am
All day Sunday and Public Holidays
How can I make a booking to see an after hours doctor at home?
To establish if the House Call Doctor service is available in your area use the suburb and post code locator tool in the top right of the page.
If we cover your area simply call us on 13 55 66 to make a booking, book online here or download the app
What information will I be asked for when making a booking?
When you make booking whether it is by phone (call 13 55 66), online or using the House Call Doctor app you will need to have the following information ready in order to request a Doctor.
- The full name and date of birth of the patient
- The Medicare card or DVA card of the patient, or alternatively a credit card.
- The full address of the patient
- The symptoms the patient is experiencing
- The name of the patients regular general practitioner or medical centre
- The patients email address
Will house call doctor operate as my family GP?
No, House Call Doctor does not replace your normal general practitioner. Our service is here to help you in the after hours when you are sick or injured and your regular GP is closed.
Are your doctors fully qualified?
All Doctors that work with House Call Doctor are fully registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) as required by the Australian Medical Board. The House Call Doctor service is accredited with AGPAL and operates to the standards of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
Will my GP receive a copy of the notes from my visit?
Yes, following a visit from one of our doctors the medical report will be sent through to your nominated regular GP the next business day. This will enable your regular doctor to continue the appropriate treatment if needed and remain up to date with your health.
Where can I provide feedback or complain?
Here at House Call Doctor, we value your feedback.
If you would like to provide our service or doctors with a compliment we encourage you to let us know here.
House Call Doctor endeavours to provide all patients with great after-hours care, in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with our service, please direct written feedback to:
ATTN: The Director of Medical Services
House Call Doctor
Suite 301A Level 3 Toowong Tower
301A/9 Sherwood Road
If you wish to take your concerns further, you can contact the relevant state body:
PO Box 13281 George Street
Brisbane Qld 4003
How does House Call Doctor Help Local GP Clinics?
House Call Doctor is your NO-COST solution to ensuring your patients receive the highest quality after-hours care. At House Call Doctor there is no fee, just support. Our priority, like yours, is patient care and we work with you so your patients have access to a reliable, trusted after-hours service.
Why do GPs rely on house call doctor?
- Keeps you, the GP, informed: Detailed patient reports are sent directly to your Practice after every home visit because our doctors know it is crucial you are kept up-to-date.
- Always refers back: House Call Doctor supports local GPs by always referring patients back to their regular GP for follow-up. It is an essential part of providing continual care.
- A NO-FEE solution for after-hours care: There is no joining fee or ongoing costs. House Call Doctor supports local Practices by working weeknights, weekends and public holidays.
- Your calls answered after-hours: Divert your phone to House Call Doctor 13 55 66 and our highly-trained call centre staff answer your patient’s call. Alternatively, record our phone and website details on your after-hours message so they can contact us directly.
- Your trusting a doctor who cares: Like you, our doctors are highly-trained professionals who are fully registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (APHRA) as required by the Australian Medical Board. The House Call Doctor service is accredited with AGPAL and GPA operates to the standards of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
- We’re cutting wait times: On average, up to 90% of our House Call Doctor patients are seen within 3 hours.
- Medication when it’s needed: Our doctors can give your patients the medication they need immediately to relieve their symptoms and get through the night at NO COST.
- PIP requirements and administrative support: We are here to help with a dedicated team of GP Liaison staff who understand your accreditation requirements including PIP and again it’s no cost to you.
When does House Call Doctor work?
House Call Doctor’s priority is having patients “feeling better sooner”. Our call centre takes calls from 4pm on weekdays, after 10am on Saturdays and 24 hours on Sundays and Public Holidays.
What about marketing – How does House Call Doctor help?
Our friendly team of GP Liaison staff equips you with a high quality House Call Doctor information kit which includes door stickers, flyers, magnets, posters and patient appointment cards.
How do we join the House Call Doctor Network?
Register using the online form on the House Call Doctor website.
How do we make house call doctor our preferred after hours service?
We make it easy – follow the link here and complete the initial registration and one of our specialised Aged Care Liaison team leaders will work with you.
How does house call doctor help us?
House Call Doctor is NO-COST to you solution for after-hours care for your patients and residents. We support your aged care facility and staff on weeknights, weekends and public holidays when your regular doctor may not be available.
Doctors working with House Call Doctor are highly-trained professionals who are fully registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (APHRA) as required by the Australian Medical Board. The House Call Doctor service is accredited with AGPAL and GPA operates
Can a doctor see more than one patient?
Yes. To help save you time we ask that you please register the details of the additional patient or patients with the Call Centre Aged Care Hotline on 13 55 66 (PRESS BUTTON) before the doctor arrives to allow for appropriate paperwork to be completed.
What if the patient’s condition changes?
If the condition becomes life-threatening please call Triple Oh for an ambulance and inform staff on our Aged Care Hotline.
Any other changes, please also inform us so we can update the doctor enroute.
How will staff know how to book?
Our friendly team of Aged Care Liaison staff provide you with a high-quality House Call Doctor information kit which includes door stickers, flyers, magnets, posters and a step-by-step guide to booking a home doctor visit.