At House Call Doctor, we are only as good as our people. We put a lot of time and effort into building our team of dedicated medical practitioners, chaperones and call centre professionals so we can continue to deliver the highest level of after hours, in home medical care to our local communities.
Our focus is on creating a rewarding, meaningful and flexible work environment. We work to accommodate your commitments and provide an outstanding work/life balance while supporting your ongoing career progression.
If you are an Australian or Internationally Trained Medical Graduate with at least two years of post-graduate experience and full registration with the Medical Board of Australia, you are eligible to apply with House Call Doctor. Both Vocationally Registered and Non-Vocationally Registered doctors are encouraged to apply. If you are Non-Vocationally Registered and looking to obtain Fellowship, we can support you in this process.
What it Means to Work at House Call Doctor
We provide a vital service to patients across Queensland, delivering fast, reliable and professional after hours medical care in their own homes. Being a part of our team means playing an essential part in filling the healthcare gap, serving the community and improving the availability of quality medical care when and where it’s needed.
House Call Doctor values the people who make our vision possible.
What We Can Offer You
House Call Doctor offers competitive remuneration and outstanding working conditions. We look after you, allowing you to focus on what matters most: quality patient care.
Working with House Call Doctor means:
- A work/life balance: Our flexible shifts mean you can work as much or as little as you want, to create the work/life balance you deserve. We have a selection of shifts for you to choose from in various locations throughout
Monday to Friday
6pm – 12am
7pm – 3am
7pm – 8am
Weekends and Public Holidays
Various shifts available – usually 8 hours
- Full support: From Medicare and Department of Health applications to Medicare and DVA billing, we will take care of all the administration so that your time is dedicated to your patients.
We also value and support your career development and personal growth. Working with House Call Doctor allows you to gain up to 2.5 years towards your eligibility to sit the RACGP Fellowship exam.
- A safe working environment: Your safety is very important to us. You’ll be given a pocket alarm to use on every shift, as well as a company vehicle with a driver who will pick you up, accompany you on your home visits and drop you home after each shift.
Our practice is opiate-free.
- Everything you need is provided: You’ll have your own dedicated triage and appointment scheduling service, a company vehicle and driver to take you to your home visits (with all fuel and toll costs covered), and a fully stocked doctors bag with complimentary medications.
All you need to bring to every shift is your stethoscope!
If you’re interested in becoming a part of our team, please contact:
M: +61 448 185 715
House Call Doctor is revolutionising the way healthcare is delivered. We are at the forefront of innovation, reducing the pressure on hospitals by bringing professional, quality medical care to the patient’s door – when and where they need it.
Our goal is to bring this exceptional level of service, quality and patient care to every corner of Queensland, and – eventually – throughout Australia. We are extremely proud of what we have achieved so far for the healthcare industry, and strive to lead a nationwide after hours, in home medical service that delivers the finest patient experiences and medical outcomes.
We are actively working to achieve this vision through 6 primary objectives:
- Excel in our level of specialised after hours, in home healthcare with the support of our qualified team of medical professionals
- Develop, utilise and perfect the latest medical technology and advancements to further benefit our patients
- Grow our team with highly qualified, professional and compassionate doctors and medical staff
- Exceed service expectations to our patients, doctors and staff
- Deliver fast, reliable access to 100% bulk billed after hours medical care
- Maintain the House Call Doctor quality in every consultation and all that we do as a business
Values and Philosophies
At House Call Doctor, our values and philosophies underlie our business structure, decisions and activities. We are committed to making a positive contribution to our community and society, and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
We believe in a simple, straightforward code, and this is what guides and informs the service we provide. Our six fundamental values are as follows:
- Quality: Our standards for quality are extremely high, and we consistently strive to maintain and exceed these standards. With ongoing measuring, monitoring and adjusting, we are able to ensure that we are constantly improving and always meeting the needs of our patients, doctors and staff.
- Innovation: It’s only with innovation and invention that society can advance and flourish. House Call Doctor encourages and embraces innovation in technology, systems and processes in order to deliver our service and achieve our objectives in better, more efficient and more effective ways.
- Teamwork: Collaboration and sharing ideas, knowledge and resources are necessary for improvement and growth. We foster a team culture and encourage open communication and contribution, enabling us to pass on the benefits to our patients, doctors and staff.
- Service: Our service offering is based on not only meeting but exceeding expectations. Whether it’s our patients or our staff, we always strive to go about and beyond.
- Integrity: Integrity is at the core of how we operate as a business. Adhering to strict moral principles and professional standards, we are able to deliver a standard of medical care that patients are not only comfortable with, but trust is confidential, transparent, honest and respectful.
- Compassion: Our service is driven by compassion. We want to provide caring, supportive and reliable medical care to those who need it, when they need it, making quality healthcare accessible to everyone.