Servicing patients across Bundaberg and the Wide Bay. Use the postcode finder to see if we service your area and have a Bulk Billed after-hours home doctor visit you in the comfort of your own home.
Check if we service your area
After Hours Doctor Bundaberg
As the Southern Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, the city of Bundaberg is a destination that continues to expand as a business hub and tourist hot spot. As an increasingly important city for business and tourism in Queensland, Bundaberg residents and tourists alike deserve a leading medical service they can depend on. House Call Doctor is proud to satisfy this need by providing an after hours home doctor service to Bundaberg residents and visitors.
You never know when you’ll need medical assistance, and illnesses can occur at any time. When you suddenly need medical assistance outside of business hours, on weekends or during a public holiday, our after hours doctors are here to give you the treatment you need.
Because our at home medical service is accredited by the Federal Department of Health, you can be sure that our service is completely professional and serviced by experienced medical practitioners.
Our home doctor service is also 100% Australian-owned, ensuring the service you get is tailored to local needs. We also provide after hours medical assistance to more locations across Queensland than any other home doctor service. You will also be glad to know that our service is bulk billed for Medicare and DVA card holders. We also give you the medication you need to get you through the night at no cost to you.
OUR APPOINTMENT AND CONSULTATION HOURS
At House Call Doctor, we’re committed to serving everyone in Bundaberg who needs medical treatment outside of regular office hours. You can schedule an appointment or consultation with our home doctors during the below days and times:
Monday to Friday: 6pm to 8am (Bookings from 6pm)
Saturday: From 12pm through to Sunday (Bookings from 12pm)
Sunday & Public Holidays: 24 hours
Please remember that due to new Government regulations we cannot take call for a booking until 6pm Monday – Friday and 12pm on Saturday’s. On Sundays, you can call and schedule a booking at any time because our call centre is open 24 hours.
Discounts in Bundaberg
Discounts in Bundaberg
Locations We Service
As the leading home doctor service in Bundaberg, we strive to accommodate the needs of all locals and visitors. Whether you’re in major areas like Bundaberg Central and Bundaberg North or in outer suburbs like Burnett Heads or Sharon, our after hours doctors can reach you.
We try to serve all residents and visitors in Bundaberg. To check if your location is included as part of our coverage area, please give us a call at 13 55 66 to confirm with one of our consultants.
You can also check our availability in your suburb by entering your suburb name or postcode on our ‘Find out if we service your area’ section on the top right-hand corner of our website.
How to Book an Appointment
Booking an appointment with House Call Doctor is quick and easy. All you have to do is call 13 55 66 to talk to one of our consultants and schedule an appointment for that day. Alternatively, you can also book an appointment online through our website.
Once you’ve booked an appointment, just sit back, relax and wait for one of our home doctors to arrive at your home. It’s that easy!
When looking to receive treatment for your condition after hours, you won’t find a more reliable service than ours. Here’s why we’re your top choice for after hours doctors in Bundaberg:
- Professional team – All our doctors are experienced medical practitioners who are qualified to treat a wide range of illnesses and ailments. This means you can rest assured that you’ll always be treated by professionals who know what they’re doing.
- Friendly and caring doctors – At House Call Doctor, we make it a point to always treat you and not just whatever’s ailing you. We understand that treating a patient requires more than just giving the right medicine; it’s also about providing sincere care and personal attention. As many of our patients have shared, our doctors do that remarkably well, offering the medical and personal care they need to get better sooner.
- Treatment from your home – Our house call doctors will personally visit you to treat you from the comfort of your own home. This means you can focus on resting and feeling better at home, rather than having to leave your house to get treatment.
- Quick response times – We understand how valuable time is when it comes to treating ailments and illnesses. That’s why we always strive to serve you as soon as we can. In fact, 90% of the time, we’re able to attend to patients within 3 hours of being called.
- Keeping you informed – In the event that our doctor’s arrival is delayed, rest assured that we’ll let you know ahead of time. It doesn’t happen often, but delays do occur sometimes. This usually happens when higher priority patients (i.e. the elderly, young children, patients with more urgent conditions) need to be treated first. If this happens, then we’ll always keep you informed with whatever changes occur, including updated arrival times for your home doctor.
- Bulk Billed – Our home doctor service is bulk billed for all Medicare and DVA card holders. This feature makes getting after hours medical treatment more affordable for members.
- Available all night – As a medical deputising service, we provide medical assistance outside of regular hospital and office hours. This means we’re available all night (and early mornings) every single day.
- Available on public holidays – Ailments and illnesses don’t take time off during holidays, and neither will we. In fact, our service is available 24 hours during public holidays, giving you peace of mind knowing our home doctor medical service is available for you when you need it.
- Medication Included with Treatment – As part of the treatment our doctors provide, you will also receive enough medication to last you through the night or until you are able to obtain a prescription, at no additional cost to you.
- GP Correspondence – After treating you, our doctors will send your regular GP a treatment report the following business day. This report provides a record of whatever treatment and medication you received, allowing your regular GP to adjust it according to your needs.
As a professional medical deputising service, we’re able to treat conditions that are classified as category 4 or 5. These conditions are defined as non-emergency and non-life threatening. Some of the common conditions that we treat include:
- Colds, the flu, and other similar ailments
- General illnesses
- Minor cuts
- Minor trauma and lacerations requiring stitches
- Animal bites
If you’re suffering from these conditions, then don’t hesitate to book an appointment with our after hours GPs.
Please keep in mind, however, that we cannot attend to medical emergencies. If you’re in an emergency situation or experiencing a life-threatening condition, please dial 000 to get immediate medical assistance.
If you’re a doctor looking to enter the after hours GP industry in Bundaberg, then please get in touch with us today. Qualified and experienced doctors are always welcome to join our team, especially as the demand for home doctor services in Bundaberg keeps growing.
We accept applications from doctors who are Australian-trained and have experience working in General Practice or various State Government Health Departments. International medical graduates with similar experience are also welcome to apply. You can view the full details of our requirements to see if our House Call Doctor Service is the right fit for you.
As any of our doctors in Bundaberg will tell you, joining our team provides several benefits aside from the chance to earn additional income. These benefits include flexible schedules with no minimum hours, an accompanying chaperone during work shifts, and no lock-in terms.
Book a Home Doctor Today
If you ever need after hours doctors in Bundaberg, know that you can always count on House Call Doctors to provide the medical assistance you need. Simply call 13 55 66, book an appointment online or download our app to schedule a consultation. Once you’ve set an appointment with us, you will receive the treatment you need in no time in the comfort of your own home.
There’s a reason why our after hours GPs are the leading home doctors in Bundaberg: we provide the medical care and treatment that our clients truly need. With quick response times and a team of friendly and professional doctors, House Call Doctor is the only after hours GP service in Bundaberg that you will ever need.