House Call Doctor is available after hours across Queensland. Use the postcode finder to check that we service your area and have a home doctor visit you in the comfort of your own home, and we Bulk Bill.
Check if we service your area
Leading Home Doctor Service
House Call Doctor is the leading home doctor service in Queensland which has now also expanded to northern New Southern Wales. Unlike many other home doctor services, House Call Doctor bulk-bills for all Medicare and DVA card holders, meaning no out of pocket expenses for patients.
Importantly, House Call Doctor has both full and part-time doctors available, to relieve pressure from local hospital emergency departments. They achieve this by treating patients with non-life-threatening illnesses out of business hours in the comfort of the patient’s own home.
What should I have ready?
Much like emergency departments, our home doctors ask only the necessary questions to ensure the patient is treated immediately. These include:
- The full name and date of birth of the patient.
- The Medicare card or DVA card number of the patient (or a credit card if not eligible for bulk-billing).
- Relevant contact details, including residential address, email address and phone number.
- The symptoms the patient is experiencing.
- The name of the patient’s regular General Practitioner or medical centre.
When should I request a home doctor?
When you, or a loved one, is unwell after-hours, it can be difficult to decide whether you require an emergency service, or simply a home doctor service. To help with this, House Call Doctor offers a simple solution to determine who is the most appropriate point of contact.
- If the condition is life-threatening, call 000 and request an ambulance immediately.
- If it is a serious medical problem, visit your local hospital’s emergency department.
- If you are uncertain about which service to approach, it is always safer to visit your local emergency department.
- Examples of situations and illnesses a home doctor can be called for include:
- Common cold
- Headaches or migraines
- Physical injuries (for example, sprains)
If your child is experiencing common symptoms including dehydration, high fever, difficulty eating etc. and you are concerned about their wellbeing, a home doctor will provide appropriate treatment and update your regular GP.
Remember if there are any signs of difficulty breathing, such as wheezing, shallow breaths or chest pain, visit an emergency department immediately.
Areas our home doctors service
Our home doctors are available in towns across the state. From home doctor Maryborough to our home doctor Bundaberg service, we aim to provide a quality after hours medical service to all of our patients. Below is the list of areas we service
Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Cairns, Townsville, Wide Bay, Tweed Heads, Rockhampton, Mackay, Gladstone, Ipswich, Gympie, Toowoomba.
Monday to Friday:
6:00pm – 8:00am
Sunday & public holidays:
If you require after-hours help, you can request a home doctor on the House Call Doctor app, by visiting our website at www.housecalldoctor.com.au or by calling 13 55 66.